.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Love your husband, Love your children, Work hard at home~ Titus 2

I Read

Family and Friends

Recently
Mysteries of Life
MIA
Friday Fun
Baby Days...
Why I Love Mr. Rogers (1928 - 2003)
I'm Not Making This One Up...
Boy, Did They Get It Wrong!
Patiently Waiting
What???
Loser Mom

Currently Reading
Advanced Strategic Planning
The Present Future
Pottery Barn Home

Vintage

Credits
Blog Design By:


Powered By:

3.02.2006
A Contest for All My Readers
Alright- a little week-end fun for you. I know some of you read my blog but never comment. It's time to come out of the closet and I've come up with a fun way for you to do this. We're going to have a little contest. My family loves to quote movie lines. Cole and I and the kids are constantly cracking ourselves up by quoting all of our favorites. Below is a list of some of the ones that we use most frequently. Read the movie lines in the quiz below and try to guess which movie they came from. The person who makes the most correct guesses, wins!!! There's a prize?? Uh, well, of course there's a prize! I'll replace the Titus 2 Scripture verse at the top of my blog for an entire week with an announcement of YOUR NAME as the winner! The whole world, er, I mean, everyone who reads my blog will know how smart you are! Alright here it goes... (Be warned, several of these lines are from the same movies.) Oh, and for all of you Star Wars fans-- I don't use any of those quotes in my quiz even though my kids are constantly throwing them around. The problem with those quotes is that I can't seem to remember any of them except: "LUKE, I am your father." I think the fact that I have fallen asleep every single time I've tried to watch any of the Star Wars movies might be a part of my problem... 1. People need a passport to get down here. 2. It just means that your subconscious is attracted to their subconscious, subconsciously. 3. What do they call it when everything intersects? The Bermuda Triangle. 4. Shelves...in a closet...happy thought indeed. 5. Are you drinking 1% cuz you think you're fat? You're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to. 6. Her teeth are tolerable I suppose. 7. Ohhh! So, THAT'S why I work for Big Ed. That's why I work for Big Ed! 8. Surely she's not going to deny us beef as well as sugar! 9. None for you...you're too young. 10. Your mom goes to college! 11. This sash was a gift to me from the Queen of America. There IS no Queen of America! I beg to differ IN-fant!" 12. And do "Lord knows what" to you women 13. Smile and wave boys... just smile and wave... 14. She looks like my third grade teacher, and I hated my third grade teacher! Wait a minute...she IS my third grade teacher! 15. Twelve kids and we've still got the heat!! 16. Capitol! Capitol! 17. Why, you're worth more dead than alive! 18. I choose US. 19. You'll shoot your eye out! 20. Well Walter... you will! 21. Badly done, ___________, Badly done! 22. I'll be back. 23. Whoopsidaisies 24. I feel the need... the need for speed. 25. Houston... We have a problem. 26. Pink is my SIGNATURE color. 27. I do not attempt to deny, that I think very highly of him -- that I greatly esteem him, that I LIKE him. 28. I can RUN from me, but I can't HIDE from me! Wow, that must be a nightmare! 29. Sylvie, don't tease me, I need extra... 30. We'll get a funnel cake! It'll be the highlight of my week! 31. Let it be written! Let it be done! 32. The important thing is: GET IT RIGHT! 33. The day they cut the football budget in this state, well that will be the end of Western Civilization as we know it! Oh- I thought of 2 more that we use all of the time. Can't believe I didn't include them last night: 34. Haven't you ever heard of a delightful little thing called... boarding school? 35. I'm in the depths of despair.
Michelle
8:26:00 PM
permalink
6 comments

6 Comments:

At Fri Mar 03, 06:15:00 AM, Blogger Megan said...

I may not know all of these movies, but I could certainly use some recognition for introducing Napoleon Dynamite to your family about a year ago... GOSH!

 
At Fri Mar 03, 06:33:00 AM, Blogger Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Very true Megan-- maybe I should include you on my "Prize Winner's by-line." ;)

 
At Fri Mar 03, 11:33:00 AM, Blogger Tammy M. said...

1. Sweet Home Alabama
2. Sleepless in Seattle
3. Sleepless in Seattle
4. Napolean Dynamite
10. Napolean Dynamite
13. League of Their Own
14. Sleepless in Seattle
15. Cheaper by the Dozen
20. Sleepless in Seattle
22. Terminator
23. Notting Hill
24. Top Gun
25. Tom Hanks in that Space Shuttle Movie?
26. Steel Magnolias
28. Cheaper by the Dozen
32. Sleepless....
25. Steel Magnolias

 
At Fri Mar 03, 11:35:00 AM, Blogger LiteratureLover said...

Okay, here I go...

6. Her teeth are tolerable I suppose. PRIDE AND PREJUDICE

9. None for you...you're too young. THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER?

13. Smile and wave boys... just smile and wave... A KNIGHT'S TALE?

15. Twelve kids and we've still got the heat!! CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN

16. Capitol! Capitol! PRIDE AND PREJUDICE

18. I choose US. THE STORY OF US?

19. You'll shoot your eye out! THE CHRISTMAS STORY

21. Badly done, ___________, Badly done! EMMA

22. I'll be back. TERMINATOR

23. Whoopsidaisies MISS CONGENIALITY?

25. Houston... We have a problem. APOLLO 13

27. I do not attempt to deny, that I think very highly of him -- that I greatly esteem him, that I LIKE him. SENSE AND SENSIBILITY

28. I can RUN from me, but I can't HIDE from me!
Wow, that must be a nightmare! CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN

31. Let it be written! Let it be done! THE KING AND I

34. Haven't you ever heard of a delightful little thing called... boarding school? SOUND OF MUSIC

 
At Fri Mar 03, 07:17:00 PM, Blogger SuperMom said...

I'm so BAD at this. But here goes...
19. A Christmas Story
21. Emma
22. Terminator
24. Top Gun
25. Apollo 13
26. Steel Magnolias
35. Anne of Green Gables

 
At Sat Mar 04, 07:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't see that anyone got #12. "And do Lord knows what to you women"-- that's "The Patriot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


About Me
I'm Michelle From: Midwest

Lover, Mother, Teacher. I have one good man and five beautiful children. God centered in theology, Baptistic in polity, Passionate in affections.

My Complete Profile
Email Me

They're Not All This Good- My Favorite Posts
Southern Baptist Literature Disappoints Again
When I'm An Old Lady
How to Keep An Open Home
Reforming from the Bottom Up
Picture of the Cutest Baby Ever
Doing It All
It's OK to be Lonely
10 Things I Love About My Husband
Thoughts Over Tea
Love and Marriage: to Date or Not to Date
I Need to Stay Humble

Really Good Reads
Bring Back the Stay-at-Home Mom
A Child's Obedience
Elisabeth Elliott on Marriage
Elisabeth Elliott on The Nature of Love

Links
Al Mohler
Beginner's Guide
Christian Homeschool Fellowship
Credenda Agenda
Elisabeth Elliot
Gourmet Sleuth
John MacArthur
John Piper
Ladies Against Feminism
Mothering From the Heart
NANC
On-Line Bible
Shepherd's Press
Sonlight
Topical Scripture List

Miscellaneous

ATOM 0.3